7 September 2020
Gas-powered forklift trucks offer many benefits to businesses and their forklift operators. Not only are they often an economical purchase, but they also have superior horsepower to some of their alternatives. In many ways, they offer the best of both electric and diesel forklifts without the main disadvantages of either.
If you’re considering an LPG forklift for your business, here is everything you need to know.
What applications and which industries do gas-powered forklift trucks suit best?
bbin体育Gas-powered forklifts are the most versatile type of forklift truck and can be used for a variety of applications across many different industries。
LPG forklift trucks can be used both indoors and outdoors and therefore are suitable for a range of purposes, including:
- Loading goods vehicles
- Carrying goods between one site building to another
- Working in warehouse racking
- Delivering pallets of critical supplies to a production line
- Just about any materials handling task!
Gas forklift trucks are typically used in industries such as construction and manufacturing, although they are suitable for many different industries。 They are, however, not best suited to companies in the food or grocery industry as the emissions produced from these trucks are not suitable for environments where food is handled or produced。
When should you choose an LPG forklift truck?
1) If price is a limiting factor – Gas-powered forklifts are often an economical option compared to their electric and diesel-powered counterparts.
2) If you require versatility – Most of the time LPG forklifts can be used both indoors and outdoors making them suitable for a range of applications.
3) If you have long operating hours – with no battery to recharge, there is often limited downtime with gas forklifts. It is fast and efficient to swap over the gas tank when necessary.
4) If you need a quiet truck – LPG forklifts are quieter to run than diesel alternatives meaning they can be used at any time during the day or night, perfect for those who run 24-hour operations.
5) If you need a powerful truck – gas-powered forklifts have unrivalled rates of acceleration, travel and lift speed.
6) If low emissions are important – LPG forklifts generate less harmful emissions than their diesel counterparts making them more environmentally friendly. The gas burns cleanly and is noncorrosive.
7) If you need a new truck urgently – gas-powered forklifts are often readily available, as are their parts.
When might another type of truck be more suitable?
Although gas-powered forklifts offer a range of benefits to the operator, there are some instances where another forklift type might be better suited to your requirements.
Firstly, they are not particularly suited to long periods of use indoors. Although they can be used in well ventilated indoor areas for short periods of time, if you are looking for a forklift to use solely indoors, an electric forklift might be a better option for you.
Due to their emissions, it means LPG forklifts aren’t well suit to workplaces with sensitive environments. That includes food and grocery warehouses where emissions must be kept low in order to keep produce safe.
A look at our LPG range – key features
Our gas-powered forklifts offer total flexibility and are much environmentally friendly. That is certainly true of the smaller engine models, equipped with the high powered and clean engines.
Our range of LPG forklifts includes the following models:
- GP15-35(C)N – This model is suitable for use both indoors and outdoors. It is available with three frame types, five mast capacity designs and four engine sizes, creating a range of different LPG forklift configurations to choose from. The trucks achieve outstanding traction on sloping or slippery surfaces, with solid pneumatic tyres providing excellent operator comfort.
- GP40-55(C)N3 – This model is designed for heavy duty applications and are the natural choice for use in ports, construction, freight, and metal and brick operations. With exceptional endurance and power, they effortlessly handle the most difficult and heavy loads even when operating at full capacity.
- GC35-70K - Compact and versatile in tight quarters, these gas-powered forklift trucks display impressive residual capacities in high lift applications. The compact dimensions ensure that this range offers an easy to operate solution, even in confined spaces.
bbin体育Each of our gas-powered forklifts include easy-to-use features and a range of optional extras, allowing you to tailor your truck to meet the needs of your task。 Along with their advanced engine powered technology, these trucks offer you a stylish, durable, well designed and cost-effective choice for your materials handling equipment needs。
If you want to explore our LPG forklift range, you can find out more here. Alternatively, contact your local dealer who will be able to advise on the right model for your requirements.
You can also take a look at this article where we compare diesel, electric and gas-powered forklifts, helping you to identify the type of truck that is right for your business.